Friday, October 5, 2012

Back in the saddle


How bad have I been at this blogging thing? This is why I never start a blog. Or a journal. Or a postcard.

But great news to report: just like my husband predicted, Cam's new fosters fell  in love with him and have adopted him. Hooray for our buddy! I am over the moon for them all.

In the meantime, we've put our house on the market, so any fostering attempts are stalled for now.

But I had a win this week. While sharing an adorable video of a beagle puppy finding his "aroo", shared by Beagle Freedom Project with some of my co-workers, I got the opportunity to talk to them about the reality of dogs being used in animal testing, how they can make a difference by not supporting companies that still practice animal testing, and shared with them lists to ethical companies and companies to avoid, as well as links to Beagle Freedom Project and PETA. It was eye-opening for them. I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to share through invitation rather than petitioning on my soapbox.

Spread the word. Change the world. Even just one dog at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment